Gamma-Butyrolactone is transparent or light bit yellow oily liquid with CAS No. 96-48-0, purity >99.5%, Moisture < 0.05%, Chroma (platinum-cobalt colorimetric) < 15 and Density (20 oC) g/ cm3 1.125-1.135. It smells like acetone, and boiling point of the product is 204oC. This kind of chemical can dissolve mutually with acetone, benzene, water, alcohol and carbon tetrachloride and at any ratio. The Gamma-Butyrolactone is available in the packaging of 200kg plastic or iron drums ISO Tank (Net Weight: 20MT).
- Can be utilized to synthesize pyrrolidone products;
- It is ideal to be used as a pharmaceutical intermediate, like vitamin and Cyclopropylamine;
- It is applicable as a pesticide intermediate, like herbicide as well as plant growth regulator;
- Can be utilized to synthesize resin as an dispersing agent, antioxidant, plasticizer, fixing agent and solvent;
- It is suitable for using as a raw material of electrolyte, capacitor, color film former, and ink lubricant.